In 2008 the United States experienced the beginning of the worst recession since the Great Depression of the 1930s. After so many people lost almost everything, Americans became angry and frustrated with how their leaders had failed them. Slimy bank practices along with the help of deregulations took advantage of people’s inability to pay for the things they had been sold with lies, and Americans were looking for change. The presidential candidate who promised that change came in the form of a charming and magnetic young senator by the “odd” or “foreign-sounding” name of Barack Obama. But not everyone believed in his message of hope and change. Not only was he Black, but it turned out he was TOTALLY HITLER.
There are literally millions of these images to browse through if you want to for some reason.
But really, I’ve never actually heard any intelligible explanations of how the two are similar. I have definitely seen examples but they normally read like this:
13 Similarities Between Obama And Hitler
A Factual (sic) Comparision
- Both Hitler and Obama held rallies in outdoor stadiums to excite and inflame the people’s passions. Frequently women would faint or break into tears…
- Both Hitler and Obama wrote ghost-written autobiographies prior to the start of (sic) theri run for political office. Hitler wrote Mein Kampf (My Struggle), and Obama wrote Dreams Of My Father. Both men then wrote a second book talking about their goals for German and America. Hitler wrote A New World Order, and Obama wrote The Audacity of Hope.
- Both Hitler and Obama originally had last names that were changed later in life. Hitler used to be Schickelbruber, and Obama’s last name was Soetoro.
- Both Hitler and Obama hid their real (sic) identies. Hiter had a Jewish ancestry, and Obama a Muslim one. But unlike Hitler, Obama flaunted his Muslim roots in his start as a politician in order to defuse the inevitable firestorm. His ploy of “hiding in plain sight” worked very well.
- Both Hitler and Obama’s supporters followed them blindly, and without question
- Both Hitler and Obama used political power and coercion to conceal and hide their birth certificates from coming to public view. Hitler made his disappear, and Obama is unwilling and unable to produce his long-form birth certificate.
- Both Hitler and Obama advocate using young people as a driving force to create an “army” of youth dedicated to their Ideals. Hitler had his Hitler Youth, and Obama his Obama Youth Brigade.
- Both Hitler and Obama were known for their tremendous oratorical skills
- Both Hitler and Obama received Messianic comparisons, and both men had songs of adoration written about them and for them.
- Like Hitler, Obama rules in direct disregard to the will and wishes of the people.
- Like Hitler, Obama has an obvious distaste for the Jews, and sides with the Muslims every chance he gets.
- Both Hitler and Obama were able to (sic) mezmerize the people even when it was obvious that what they were saying was not true.
- Both Hitler and Obama used domestic terrorists to launch their careers. Hitler had his Brown Shirts from his beer hall days, and Obama had people like Bill Ayers, Bernardine Dohrn, and Rashid Khalidi.
- Like Hitler, Obama advocates using murder as a means of population control.
Obviously, I don’t need to explain how every one of these “comparisons” are completely out-there, vague conspiracies, lies and maybe just outdated BS. But it’s been almost the entirety of President Obama’s two terms, and there was not a second Holocaust, Obama did release his birth certificate, he never created an “army” for himself, he is not “using murder as a means of population control”, Obama had never changed his name in the past and neither had Hitler, and lastly, my favorite conspiracy, Obama has never shown a “distaste for Jews”.
For almost a decade, millions of people compared Obama to Hitler and their political representatives agreed with them. The Republicans have spent most of the past 8 years working tirelessly to frame Obama as not only the worst president we’ve ever had, but one who doesn’t love America and isn’t really even American. They were like Dr. Frankenstein, piecing together bits of rhetoric and obstruction to create a monster even they cannot control. They did their job of painting Obama as the end-all-be-all biggest fascist we’ve seen since Hitler so well that when an actual fascist infiltrated their party and took over their base, there was nothing they could do to stop it.
So much of the Republican base has been fed the wrong definition of “fascism”, having it mean basically anything they disagree with, so when an actual fascist comes along, the base literally has no idea what they are getting themselves into. And just like Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein, the irony is so predictably poetic: what they have created will take them down with it.
So how exactly did Adolf Hitler as we know him rise to power? And how does this parallel with Trump’s seemingly surprising yet inevitable rise to popularity?
It started in Germany with a similar climate to ours. The economy was bad because of poor political decisions and a lost war. People were looking for someone who would fix everything and put their country back to its previous powerful status in the world. People wanted jobs and his powerful rhetoric promised that. Once in power, Hitler’s regime would begin censoring any and all criticism of itself.
Recently, Trump proclaimed that as president he would extend libel laws to include giving himself the ability to sue anyone who criticized him. He is suggesting that he would take away the freedom of the press and the freedom of speech so he “can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they’re totally protected”. Spoken so eloquently. Donald Trump does not like that news organizations are protected from censorship by the government, specifically a Trump government. Journalists and news outlets would only be able to exist as pro-Trump or would report nothing at all. Under a Trump presidency, this simple blog post could land me in some serious hot water.
“You see, with me, they’re not protected, because I’m not like other people…”
Of course this is 100% unconstitutional, but there are millions of people who seem to be willing to follow this man directly into the flames. Comedian Louis C.K. recently wrote a long, ranting, yet still well thought out mass e-mail to his fans. I’m not sure how many of his fans are Trump supporters, but it is a really good way to get the message to them that voting Trump is like “a version of national Suicide. Or it’s like a big hit off of a crack pipe.” He goes on to call Trump “dangerous” and “Hitler”. Hey, that’s what I was saying over a year ago! Even before he said he would decimate the 1st Amendment, I was wondering why or even how a presidential contender could get away with having certain news outlets removed and banned from his rallies because they might write something negative about him. He even held a speech where no press was allowed in at all.
After witnessing that, I immediately began to draw similarities between him and other fascist rulers such as Kim Jong Un, Kim Jong Il, Mao Zedong and Vladimir Putin. These were current examples of what most Americans thought of as oppressive dictators. Surely they’ll start to see some parallels, I thought. Nope. He had become the proverbial crack pipe of these people’s prejudices, and they were hooked.
Returning to a previous image that nicely lays out a summary of these parallels, it is clear now nearing the end of Obama’s presidency that he was never Hitler. But you’ll still hear people talk about him as the worst president to go down in history. Still, let’s take a look at these examples:
Trump’s threat to ban, remove and track all Muslims in the US brings up memories of black and white footage of the Jews being rounded up and herded into the trains that would take them to their new homes in the camps and to their deaths. Vitriol and violence toward Muslims has increased since Trump made these promises, and it’s not a far stretch to assume the same could be said about his threats toward illegal immigrants, specifically Mexicans.
“That’s right – a lot of people up there can’t get jobs. They can’t get jobs because there are no jobs because China has our jobs and Mexico has our jobs. They all have our jobs.” He said at the beginning of his campaign, already assigning blame for the country’s problems on a group of minorities.
Attacking Foreign Lands
Trump’s foreign policy is basically bomb everyone and everything until we get what we want. Or in his own words, “you have to take out their families”. According to his website…he has no foreign policy. It’s just nowhere on there except for his position on Israel. He is very pro Israel. That’s about as far as it gets on his own website. But he has an entire page labeled “Issues” that looks like they sat him down in a room for an hour, in the exact same position, and shot him speaking vaguely about certain issues. I actually thought the first four videos were the same video posted multiple times on the same page, but if you look closely, he’s doing those things with his mouth that he does… you know, these…
Enough about his hilariously cartoonish mannerisms, but there are more if you were wondering! His foreign policy has consistently been one of less ties to current allies and whispering “notice me senpai” to well-known dictators.
“He is deeply unhappy with America’s military alliances and feels the United States is overcommitted around the world. He feels that America is disadvantaged by the global economy. And he is sympathetic to authoritarian strongmen. Trump seeks nothing less than ending the U.S.-led liberal order and freeing America from its international commitments.”
There is one thing he does like about China, their Great Wall. He would like one here and he would like it to cut off access from Mexico to the US. And who would build it you ask? Mexicans! Where would he keep immigrants as they are en route to deportation? To prison camps of course. They already exist here too, how convenient.
Does this look familiar?
There are millions of reasons how Trump could become the next brutal dictator that causes the deaths of millions of people. It is not a stretch and it is entirely possible. The Holocaust happened right under German’s noses and they didn’t see it coming. Americans never believed we would send thousands of Japanese immigrants and Japanese-Americans to internment camps, but it happened anyway.
The level of prejudice and hateful rhetoric being used by Donald Trump is unacceptable and has had actual consequences. You have people willing to assault protestors at rallies, and it has only begun to escalate. So what does Trump say about the most recent assault of a black man at his rally?